- Criminal Defense 40%
- DUI and DWI 40%
- Appeals 20%
“My clients almost always come to me at a low point in their lives. They might be afraid, confused, upset. Their name might have already been dragged through the mud. It’s my privilege to stand up for my clients when they might feel that nobody else will.”
Adam’s entire career has been spent defending the liberty and reputation of individual people in criminal and traffic prosecutions. He is particularly known as one of Wisconsin’s best criminal trial lawyers. He strongly believes that every client’s rights must be vigorously protected. This includes how his clients are treated by the police and the court system, but it also influences how Adam relates to his clients. Every client has the right to make important decisions on his or her case, and every client has his or her own priorities and concerns. Adam makes sure that every client understands his or her options and is empowered to make these important decisions for themselves.
Adam grew up in Waushara County in central Wisconsin, and attended college and law school here in Wisconsin. After law school, Adam devoted years to defending indigent clients through the State Public Defender’s office before going into private practice. He lives in Madison with his wife and four kids.
- Defended well over a thousand individual clients on practically every variety of criminal or traffic case.
- Represented over 50 clients at jury trial, on cases including first-degree intentional homicide, sexual assault, financial crimes, domestic violence, and impaired driving fatalities.
- Effectively argued numerous criminal and traffic cases on appeal, including oral arguments before the Supreme Court of Wisconsin.
- Successfully litigated pretrial motion issues, resulting in the dismissal or reduction of charges.
- Negotiated satisfactory outcomes for clients to avoid consequences to professional licensure, immigration status, or other vital issues.
- Protected the interests of clients during criminal investigations and related matters such as injunction or restraining order hearings, probation or parole matters, and mental health hearings.
- Achieved expungement or modification of dated criminal records.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Regular continuing legal education speaker at educational or professional seminars, on topics, on issues including search and seizure, search warrants, trial strategy, discovery and investigation, and current issues in impaired driving cases.
- Author of article on the legal implications of intoxication in prosecutions for intentional homicide.
University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. – 2007
- Honors: cum laude
- B.A. – 2004
- Wisconsin, 2018
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- National College for DUI Defense, Member, 2017 to Present
- Dane County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2017 to Present
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2016 to Present
- State Bar of Wisconsin