- Appellate (50%),
- Criminal Defense (50%)
Attorney Anthony Jurek
Attorney Anthony Jurek concentrates his practice on the areas of criminal defense and criminal appeals. He has argued – and won – before criminal and appellate courts on all levels, including the Wisconsin Supreme Court where he succeeded in getting Wisconsin’s unconscious blood draw statute declared unconstitutional.
Anthony is currently an at-large board member of the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and previously served as Secretary of the Dane County Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Association and Chair of the Dane County Bar Association’s Criminal Law section.
He frequently defends against and prosecutes petitions for restraining orders and injunctions and appeals denials and revocations of Concealed Carry permits. He has sought federal habeas relief for clients convicted in Wisconsin courts and successfully obtained the rare grant of interlocutory relief from the Wisconsin Court of Appeals while a criminal case was pending.
Anthony is admitted to practice in all Wisconsin courts, the Wisconsin Supreme Court and the federal Western District of Wisconsin.
University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Major: Interdisciplinary Studies
- Wisconsin, 2009
- Law Office of Anthony Jurek, Attorney, September 2009-January 2022
Community Service & Professional Associations
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers: At-Large Board Member
- Dane County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association: Member (current), Secretary (former)
- Dane County Bar Association, Criminal Section: Chair (former)
- Madison Student Expulsion Prevention Program: Pro Bono Attorney
- Inns of Court: Member